
Daisies

Mini Red Capsicums and Mixed Lettuce

Mini Tomatoes and more Lettuce

Rhubarb
As I'm sure I've mentioned before, my backyard is small and mostly concrete. What little garden we have out there is growing in pots. So far it has mostly been fruit, veggies and herbs, but I hope to slowly add some flowers to the mix just to make it look a bit less like a.... concrete backyard.
All of the above, except the rhubarb, was planted today whilst Ollie slept. My hope is that Ollie, Miss J and I can pluck some strawberries/tomatoes/capsicums etc straight from the plant to eat then and there. I'm pretty excited about the tomatoes plants - they don't need to be staked, they will apparently drape over the pot. They'll probably take over the lettuce, but I've got heaps growing.
5 comments:
I'm going to do some planting today with my Bug. Is your tomato a 'Red Rambler'? And do you know about the Stonnington Spring Into Gardening fete this weekend?
I've sent you an email, neighbour!
The tomatoes are Tumblers (probably the same thing as Ramblers!). I've planted a red and a yellow.
Thanks for the Gardening Fete tip - I'm off to google it now!
I think the one I've got it actually a tumbler too, I planted it today. I love the trug you've planted into- my little boy has his bath on one of those!
BTW I've linked to you in today's Blogtoberfest Blog Crawl: http://bellgirl.com.au/2008/10/blogtoberfest-blog-crawl-issue-3.html
Happy Blogtoberfest!
I love your trug planters. That's a great idea - nice and easy to move around to catch to sun. (I grew mini cauliflowers and broccoli in planter boxes on our front porch last year). I'm excited to see that you can grow rhubarb in a pot - I think I might have to give that a try.
I hope we get to see the bountiful harvest!
Post a Comment