I came across this tutorial for making your own product labels a while ago, and immediately set out to make some SGK labels. I gathered all of the supplies I needed, and quickly stumbled at the first hurdle - I couldn't work out how to reverse the text so that it print in reverse on the t-shirt transfer paper.
After hours of research, I still couldn't find a solution that didn't involve buying an image software program like Photoshop. Convinced that that was the end of it, I put the project aside.
Last week I accidently came across the answer! So easy! When printing something entirely different, I used a drop down menu on the print window to change the type of paper I was using, and there it was - a little box labeled "Mirror Image". I can't believe it was something so simple!
I figured I'd share the tip as surely I'm not the only one not using an image manipulation program like photoshop. Hope it helps someone!
6 comments:
I used the Burda Style tutorial a while back too and as I don't have Photoshop was also bamboozled. I became so intent on trying to find a mirror-image function in the printer properties, that I ended up feeding the transfer through the wrong printer! After frantic repairs to the poor laser printer, it eventually worked using your method of reversing in Word (and printing through the inkjet) :)
Ah excellent! I've been trying to work out how to do a mirror image for a collage I'm doing. And I think I'll make some labels now too!
I get mine made from a person on Etsy. They are cheap and I think they look really good too.
Let me know if you want the link to the store.
Thank you for the link, I'm Definitely going to (eventually!) give this a go!
Hooray! Glad to hear you worked it out. Well done. :) Would love to see your finished product.
Thanks for the links! I really want to make some!
Post a Comment