Saturday, October 4, 2008

Confessions of a procrastinating crafter.

So, I've committed to being a festie and blogging every day this month. Problem is, I've been so busy the last couple of days, but forgotten to take my camera with me, so i can't do a quick and easy post with photo showing what I've been doing (eg quick photo of Ollie eating hot chips at the beach). 

Instead, I've been forced to delve into the deepest corners of my crafty world and confess things I'm not ready to confess. I've been forced to admit that I have quilts on the go. 

I say quilts (plural), because some of you with unforgivably good memories might recall this other quilt* I began some time ago. 

So, we'll leave it at that, shall we? Just two quilts on the go? Yes. For now we shall just say two.
And I'm sure some of you will shudder to think that the quilt shown above is a wedding gift for some lovely friends who got married earlier this year. In March. That's right, March. 

And did I hear someone ask "Was it a shotgun wedding? Did you have no time to prepare this gift, Sparkly?". I have to confess that no, it was not a shotgun wedding. I knew well in advance that this lovely couple were getting married, and that some form of gift would be required on my part. A token of my appreciation for these lovely folks for letting me share in their special day, and in their lives.

So there. My secret is out. But seeing that only my good friends read this blog (that means you, my dearest, sweetest reader), I'm sure your memory of this post will be hazy at best.


*Oh my, I posted about this quilt in March! March, peoples! What a disgrace....

5 comments:

Maureen Reynolds said...

You are a disgrace. No doubt about it! ;-)

In truth, this sounds like too many projects... a wedding gift ending up as a 10th anniversary present etc. Not to worry, you will get it finished. We're all like this at times.

Liesl said...

Ohhh - don't worry ... if we're honest, I'm sure we all have projects like that. My sister's birthday skirt? Late. Skirt present for a friend? Late (actually, not even started after 4 months). Babies dressing gown? Late (Argy is now 3!).

I think this is why I haven't ever tried a quilt!

Jacqueline said...

I spy some of my favourite fabrics here...at least you've got that far, I'm still at piles of fabric and only just bought a sewing machine stage (ie cant' sew). Phew - one day.

Sparkly, I came here 'cause I love your blog title and my favourite colour is green. I also have been obsessing about the Kraft Kuties latest sew-in where they made knickers from old t-shirts...so knickers are on my mind. The blog is great BUT...come on, we need something with a bit more zing up top. I mean, it's just screaming out for it with that flash blog name. So get that quilt done and add that to your list :)

PS I'll be back to check on you...

Jacqueline said...

that's a new header/title I'm talking about or whatever it's proper name is.

SadieandLance said...

Welcome to the Association of Attention Deficient Crafters. It's nice to have you in the Association. Rest assured you are not even close to taking the presidents role, you'll need heaps more of these projects before you're even close. But now you know you're not alone!!