Friday, November 21, 2008

Still crafting....

After reading Hoppo Bumpo's post today on her lack of crafty posting, I thought back to my last crafty post....3 weeks ago! I promise I have been sewing, I think I just needed to do less blogging after blogtoberfest :)

After following a link found on SouleMama's Mama to Mama appeal, I have been making cloth pads to send off to girls in Africa. It has also raised a question in my mind - is there a need for cloth pads for disadvantaged girls in Australia, and if so where do I send them?
I have also gone a little crazy making Yo-Yo Christmas decorations, thanks to my Clover Yo-Yo maker. I intend on sewing a small loop of ribbon to these to hang from my tree, and also string some together to hang from something.

Tonight I whipped up this Gratitude wrap (also from Soulemama) for a friend for Christmas.
Quick and easy (especially with my trusty Quilt basting spray - can't get enough of this stuff!).
The most time consuming part was making my own bias binding, but I enjoy making the binding, so don't mind putting in the effort.
I have to get alot more sewing done over the weekend, as I'm posting a parcel off to the UK on Monday. I aim to get as many home sewn goodies in there as I can!

Thanks to everyone who has sent me birthday wishes already! And if you haven't left a comment for my Birthday Giveaway, do so now!

You might like to check out some other crafty giveaways while you're at it:

5 comments:

Liesl said...

Look at all this wonderful stuff! (When I said I hadn't been posting crafty things ... its because I hadn't been doing crafty things!). I love the yo-yos ... what a great idea for the tree (read: wow, child-proof, too!). Thanks for the good4girls link - must go take a proper look.

Liesl said...

PS. Silly me ... pressed the Publish button too early .... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

CurlyPops said...

Wowee you have been very crafty busy! Love the gratitude wrap and Happy Birthday to you...yippee!

Stacey said...

Love the puffs as Christmas decorations. Fantastic idea!

Drewzel said...

Hiya!
not sure if Australian chicks are down for good for girls, but my friend Cate is running a couple of "Paddy Wagon" pad making days for the o/s cause. Be great if you could come to the dec one:
Info at the Facebook Paddy Wagon group, or via http://rabbitwithpolkadots.blogspot.com