Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Swap Goodness

As you are no doubt aware, I've taken part in a couple of great swaps in the last couple of months. First up was the Doll Quilt Swap 8 (you all remember the one I made for Anna). I was fortunate enough to receive this lovely blue green and linen mini quilt from Marilyn in the US.
Both the front and back are beautiful enough to display. Thanks Marilyn!
Next up was the Pillow Talk Swap (my favourite swap so far!). Who could forget the hand pieced hexies I made for Penny (listen to me tooting my horn :P ). In return I received this much coveted (by me when I first saw it) cushion cover made by Amy.
I totally had plans the moment I saw it to make myself a copy. Now, my plans are to make another so I have a pair of them!
Four diamonds down, two to go. I had quite a few of Amy's fabrics in the stash and in my scrap bins, so they'll be very matchy matchy.

I can't wait for the next swap!!

3 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

I love that we have matching fabric bins! We were so perfectly paired up. I even laughed when I saw the extras that you sent along to Penny because we both thought hand-screened Australian fabric would be a terrific bonus.

Your diamonds look great. I can tell the two cushions will match perfectly!

AMIT said...

Lovely design looking.Its not bad.

home based data entry

Marilyn said...

Hi, Jo...I'm so happy that you like your doll quilt!

That cushion is gorgeous...this might have to go on my to-do list too;)