Don't you just love that name? Sounds like an 18th century gigolo, doesn't it?
Alas, it is only the latest quilt block I have made (although pleasingly, I now have a name for the quilt!). I'm making a lap quilt for my soon-to-be 86 year old Grandma. I'm pretty sure her favourite colour is purple, so I bought the two lilac fabrics for her quilt at Spotlight this morning. The floral on white fabric is a vintage sheet from the stash.
I used a tutorial from Modify Tradition, called the Dandy. An easy enough block to sew, I'm sure I'll tire quickly of cutting all the squares for it, though. I fear I've been spoilt by quilting bees - after a couple of blocks I'm ready to move on to something new.Anyhoo, I have procrastinating to do... or fabric to cut.... depends on what's on tv :)
1 comment:
Very sweet, I am sure she will love it (and I LOVE the vintage fabric!)
Post a Comment