Friday, April 3, 2009

The quick 'fix' quilt

This has been such a fun quilt for me to make! It has been quick and easy from the very beginning. It helps, I guess, that it is lap sized - 43 inches x 44 inches.
Everything from the fabric choices, to the free motion quilting, to the hand sewn binding, has been a pleasure.
I've made it so quickly that I haven't had an opportunity to get sick of looking at it yet :)
I just have two sides of the binding to hand sew, then it will be in the wash! Can't wait to see how wrinkly it gets.
Then, after a trip to my parents for a bit of a show off, it will be on it's way to New Zealand to its new owner.
For now (because binding is best sewn in the evenings on the couch with the tv on in the background), I'm off to choose some more fabric for another!

1 comment:

Angie said...

It is gorgeous! Love the colours