Friday, December 19, 2008

Saucy!

We think there's nothing worse than running out of tomato sauce when you're making pies, so tonight I quickly made up this tasty substitute.
I don't have any precise measurements because I just chucked bits and pieces in quickly (the pies were already done, so no time to waste!).
Desperado Tomato Sauce
1 can peeled whole tomatoes
cracked black pepper
Worcestershire sauce
onion powder
dried chives
dried parsley
dried mixed herbs
: : : : : : :
Empty can of tomatoes into blender, with a sprinkling and a splash of each of the other ingredients.
Blend on high until combined.
Pour into jar or bottle.
Enjoy with some freshly made savoury mince pies.

(Refrigerate)

2 comments:

EmilyKate said...

Oh YUUUUM!
When you get more of your own tomatoes ripened you can make it again have FRESH tomato sauce, even more scrumptious!

Liesl said...

I must print and save this recipe - it looks like a lifesaver (especially if you have two small boys who think tomato sauce is the sixth food group).