Haven't we all thought that about our kids at some stage? (certainly not all the time!)
This morning Ollie wanted to write on the blackboard, so I wrote out 'O' for Ollie, 'M' for mummy and 'J' for Miss J.
He then copied the letters underneath, very cleverly rearranging them to spell out my name*
Such a clever boy!NB To put it all in perspective, Ollie thinks that the 'M' for mummy is actually an 'M' for McDonald's. As my mum said, at least McDonald's is good for something!
*This may have just been my interpretation of events!
3 comments:
I'm very impressed - that's fantastic for his age!
We seem to have a different skill set developing in this house. Bargy (just turned 2) logged on to the PC yesterday. Its all downhill from here.
Its so nice to be suprised by what our kids can do, we sometimes take for granted what they can and cant do :)
Great Job Ollie!You are a very clever lil man
I know the other day I was on the phone with my sis talking about preschool drawings and what they should be able to draw etc etc
and I was saying How my O couldnt draw a proper person as his so not arty
well the very next day O drew this very proper person, with hair, and eyes, ears mouth teeth etc etc
and I felt rather sheepish
"M" was also the first letter my eldest drew, with chalk in the driveway. "Maccas, mummy!"
He seemed way behind in drawing at kinder- other kids were drawing elaborated scenes of houses and their families and my son just scribbled. Yet when he wasn't quite two he asked us "Where does 'rectricity' come from?" They all star in their own way.
Post a Comment