As the big day quickly approaches, I find myself spending more and more time at the sewing machine cranking out gifts. You'd think Santa could have sent out a memo letting me know when Christmas was approaching so I'd be more organised!
As part of the whole handmade thing I'm trying to do, I'm also handing out baked goods as presents. I googled something obvious like "biscuit recipe" and came across this beauty at Picklebums. It's a recipe that makes up an estimated 120 biscuits. I mixed up the huge batch of biscuit dough and divided it into 4. I froze one quarter, then made up Orange and Coconut Biscuits, Jam Drop Biscuits, and Date and Walnut biscuits (all using ingredients I had in the kitchen).
I've also sewn the first of a few art smocks. I ended up using a pattern from a Japanese sewing book for a little girl's smock top (the boys will never know!).
This shopping bag is made with a plastic outer for more durability. I made it with one person in mind, but as my days start filling out with visits from friends, I realise that anything like this will probably end up going to the first person to walk in the door!
What's the time now? Elevenish... Maybe another hour of sewing before bed...
2 comments:
I hear you. Good luck getting everything done! You have done amazing work churning out handmade goodness. I didn't bake this year. I don't really bake. Maybe next year!
I've never tried biscuits with condensed milk... printing that one out for the recipe folder for sure!
love the pressies you've been whipping up.
Post a Comment