A week and a half ago, I joined in the beginners "crochet-along" over at Hoppo Bumpo. The challenge was to learn how to crochet a granny square in a month.
My sister did a learn-to-crochet course a couple of months ago, so I invited her over yesterday for a quick lesson. I supplied the tea, chocolate brownies and lemon cupcakes (thanks to the new mixer), and she supplied the know-how. So, so, so much easier learning with someone else, and once I got the hang of it, I couldn't stop! I'm so into it now, that I'm thinking of whipping up a granny square rug in Noro Silk Garden (which is burning a hole in my knitting basket).
6 comments:
Wow, they are beautiful! Good on you - I love your granny squares. I wished I knew someone who could show me how to crochet as I seem to be too remedial for all the written instructions and You Tube videos!
I can't wait to see your Noro Silk Garden rug.
Thanks for your comment on my blog... when I saw your name I just HAD to come on over and say hi!
You have a great blog... well done on the granny squares too. They can be VERY addictive so I am sure you will keep it going and have your rug in no time.
I am in love with your KitchenAid too! Red is my fave kitchen accessory colour so it was always going to be love at first sight!
Cheers!
I envy your granny squares: I can't seem to get the technique going.
And I drool over your KitchenAid...aaahhhh... KitchenAid...
Oh wow...you even managed to change colours! I'm very impressed....I was too scared to try to change colour.
Who could resist all of that delicious food? I agree that it is so much easier to learn with someone else.
They're addictive aren't they?? Mmmm lemon cupcakes...
thanks for the visit!
Post a Comment