Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kitty Cushions

The wife of my ex gave me a panel of screen printed fabric she found in an op shop, with a request that I make it into a cushion (they are expecting a babe at any time now, and the green coordinates with other things in the babes room)

I don't know her too well, and despite asking questions to work out exactly what she wanted, I was left feeling very unsure of what I needed to do (ie, she was very obliging, telling me to do whatever I wanted!). The panel is actually printed with all the pieces and instruction to make the kitty backpack pictured below.


Did she want the cat on there? Or part of it? Or bits of everything? I did not know. In the end, I just cut out the kitty's overalls (front and back), and teamed it with some green cotton for the back.


They actually turned out quite cute, I think. I particularly like the front panel, with the peter pan collar and buttons down the front.

Hopefully she'll love them!

I was also a bit pleased to have sneakily sussed the main colour of the babes room - I have made a sweet and simple little baby quilt in coordinating colours that will match well. More pics to come (once I've taken them!!)

2 comments:

ladydi said...

These cushions are the cutest! What a great idea, and a fun gift for the new baby.

Bellgirl said...

Ooh yes I love what you've done with the panel, especially that sweet collar. Nice work!