When Miss J was about 3 or so, we were given a roll of paper. We stuck some up on the back of a door, drew an outline of her (piggy tails and all), and thus began one of her (and my) favourite activities. It was always a work in progress, something she would go back to time and again. She filled in her facial features, drew in clothes, and doodled as she pleased.
As she got a little older, we did other outlines that included names of her body parts. As well as filling in her clothes and facial expressions, she would trace over the writing, and try to copy it.
I stumbled upon a roll of paper at Ikea a few weeks ago (40 metres for about $10), so Ollie has just begun his first work in progress. I have filled in the face for him (at his request), but everything else is up to him. We'll leave it up for weeks, if not months, and he can add to it whenever he feels like it. He's really excited to have a "Little Me" to colour in!
5 comments:
That is such a great idea. A semi permanent art work and a great way for the kiddies to be arty at a young age. You must smile every time you discover something new draw on.
What a totally cool idea - I will definitely do this with my little one when she is a bit older. Love it.
Brilliant - that sounds like heaps of fun. I might even be tempted to go and brave Ikea if the paper is that well priced too!
What an awesome idea. (Beats them drawing on the walls as well!). I'll be passing this idea to a few friends of mine!
Hmmmmm... I have rolls of PATTERN PAPER!!!! We might be doing a bit of toddler-tracing in the near future. What a great idea!
Post a Comment