Monday, July 19, 2010

Japan

My sister and I are heading to Japan in October. We are on the verge of booking our tickets and accommodation - but we need your help!


Have you been to Japan?

Have you heard great things about it?

Do you have some invaluable tips for us about traveling in Japan?

What are the must-see destinations?

We'll be in Japan for two weeks at the end of October.

I look forward to reading your tips!

4 comments:

Tania said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky ducky (apologies for the lack of Japanese travel wisdom – I have none - only a certainty that I'll be back to visit your post when my turn comes!

Andi said...

I hear you can get some nice fabric there.
Beyond that, I'm useless!!

Bellgirl said...

I was about to add that i hear you can get nice fabric there ;) ...sushi too, I'm told!

gen said...

I was there 3 years ago (can't believe how long ago now!) and it was fab!

Stand out for me were
- wandering the back streets of Kyoto discovering little gems along the way
- Miyajima island just off Hiroshima, a magical place to stay with the Torii Gate and Itsukushima Shrine (we stayed in a gorgeous little Ryokan- Iwaso Ryokan)
- Just simply wandering around Tokyo

And if you don't speak Japanese, a sight like this is very helpful (http://www.transparent.com/learn-japanese/phrases.html)

ohhh, enjoy!