Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vintage Spring Quilt

Like Sheridan, I too have been cutting up vintage sheet fat quarters. A friend has requested a pastel coloured quilt for her niece. I searched my stash in vain - there was very little to be found. Fortunately I have a good stack of vintage sheet fat quarters after this swap.

I'm not sure that I've ever made a nine patch before - I've made a couple of disappearing nine patches, though. The quilt top currently measures 45 inches square, so it'll make a nice little lap sized quilt for a little girl who loves to steal her big sister's quilt.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

That's very sweet!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I love what you've done!

Bellgirl said...

I thought of this quilt when I was down at the op shop, and have just bought my very first vintage cotton sheet! It's purpe and oragne, kile the seersucker quilt my mum made me when I was little in the 70s (obviously, consideriing the colour combo!). I hope I can make something as beautiful as this!