Wednesday, May 28, 2008

OMG a BSJ!


That's right everyone - believe it or not! I actually followed a knitting pattern *gasp* and completed an item of clothing *applause*. Ok, don't look too closely at it (notice I put up a poor quality photo so you couldn't see it in detail), it's very much passable - if given to a non'knitter, that is.

Nevertheless, I am very pleased with my achievement, and have already started knitting another!

For those of you who care, I used the Baby Surprise Jacket pattern from Knitting Workshop by Elizabeth Zimmermann. I used 4x50g balls of Moda Vera Harmony (from Spotlight) - well, I started the fifth ball half way through casting off, but I think I added extra rows when I wasn't concentrating, so 4 should have been enough. I used size 5.5 or 6 circular needles (con't remember).

All I need to do now is sew the seams and tuck in the ends (and wait for someone to have a baby!).

No comments: