Sunday, April 20, 2008

Frangipani Pie

I made Ollie some playdough today when he was supposed to be having his nap. He couldn't wait to get his hands on it!
The recipe is as follows (it was taken from the Cream of Tartar lid)
2 cups Plain flour
4 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cup salt
2 cups water
vanilla essence
food colouring
Mix the above ingredients in a saucepan and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until the mixture congeals.
Allow to cool before kneading. Store in a container so it doesn't dry out.


I also made my all-time favourite dessert (I used to think it was a secret Grandma recipe, but turns out she got the recipe off a can of pineapple!!). Frangipani Pie, in case you didn't catch that from the title of this post :)
I had to cut into it so you could see the layers (but you can't really see them anyway). Yummm! You can find the recipe here. Not hard to make, so so tasty, I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Kate Moore said...

Sounds like a good old nana recipe. I love it.