If there are any readers still out there, spread the word - I'm going to start my own virtual quilting bee! I'm after a group that is fairly local to me, so anywhere in Australia or New Zealand, or anything geographically close to those are welcome to join. I need 12 participants in total, and already have a couple signed up. All skill levels are welcome. If you've not joined a quilting bee before, it works a little like this: there will be 12 participants, each of whom will be allocated a month. On your month, you send out parcels of fabric and instructions to all other participants, and we make your quilt blocks. On all other months you will receive one fabric parcel and instructions, and you make up the block and send it back home.
Interested? Let me know in the comments - and please leave some way for me to contact you. Alternatively, send me a message on flickr.
In other news, tomorrow is my 2 year blogiversary!! Although the blog has fizzled a bit in the last couple of months, I'm still keen to put together a bit of a giveaway. Leave a comment on this post to be in the running - that'll give me time to think about what to make! Rest assured it will probably be something quilty, but definitely handmade. Possibly even custom designed for the winner. So comment away!
And tonight I leave you with a photo of Ollie's very first sewing project - a drawstring bag! He cut the fabric (very carefully, I might add) with my fabric shears, then sewed it all up on an old sewing machine (no photos of the sewing - I was glued to his side making sure little fingers were not sewn to the fabric!). It was all at his request, he chose the pattern(with some guidance) and is very proud of his achievement (as is his mum!).
7 comments:
Great work Ollie!!!
Can't do another virtual bee I'm afraid (still need to finish your December Beehive block).
Happy blogiversary.
Andi x
Happy second blogyear!
Congratulations to Ollie on his great sewing too :)
Happy blogiversary!!
That bag is fantastic! Good work Ollie!
I would be interested in a bee! I've never participated in one before, but doing so is on my list for this year!
I must be mad (I am telling myself) but I am rather hooked on quilting bee swaps!! I am doing two this year, so what is one more to add to the mix!! Count me in and a very happy blogiversary to you!
Happy 2nd blog anniversary. Mine past last month and I forgot to celebrate, but do have a giveaway closing tomorrow.
Jo - I'm fairly new to quilting but would be interested in joining your sewing bee. I have never pieced anything other than squares so hopefully will not be required to do anything too strenuous piecing-wise! I'm in Tassie so meet your geographical requirements!!
Wow, what a great sewing project by Ollie! and Happy Blogiversary. Good luck with the virtual quilting bee, it sounds like a great idea!
Post a Comment