Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November Blocks

It's Meg's month in the Beehive, and she requested mosaic-y/beach-inspired improvised blocks using a beautiful range of fabrics.

The above block measures 10.5 inches square, the one below is 10.5 by 5.5 inches.
Over at Bee Addicted 3 it's Katrina's month. She sent these 2 solids, requesting wonky quarter log cabins.
My interpretation of wonky was the varied widths of each layer (as opposed to sharper angles). Having seen some of the other blocks in the group, my second block (incomplete, so not yet photographed) is ever-so-slightly more angular, but very similar to the above. This block measures 15.5 inches square.

December is my month to send out fabric for the Beehive, so I've been busily practicing blocks to decide (!!! - so late to still be unsure!!) what I want the girls to make. I need to have the international parcels sent off by the end of the week, so tomorrow (my child-free day) will be a busy one. And a hot one, I hear, so I'm hoping to squeeze in a swim at the local outdoor pool in the morning. I'm going to steal my daughters goggles and attempt a few laps - but I may end up just lounging on the steps instead....

2 comments:

katrina said...

Oh, I LOVE the blocks! I can't wait to get mine all together! :D

Andi said...

A great selection of blocks.
Looking forward to receiving your december fabrics.
Hope you managed a bit of a swim.
Andi :-)